Monday, October 10, 2011

Updates

Hi everyone.






As you may have noticed from the above picture and my lack of blogging, I have been a busy little painter over here.

I have been working on new pieces for my Dias de los Muertos show at the Calvary Cemetery in San Jose. October 29 11 am to 3pm.

I'm  excited, nervous and anxious all at the same time.

I have another show in Salinas at Hispanic Cultural Center in downtown Salinas, #34 Central Ave, Salinas CA, between the Steinbeck center and house. Just look for the crazy flags. 

 An open house with strawberry daquiris qill be happening on October 21st, in the evening. I will be showing some of my older paintings not seen at the art and wine festivals along with some of my newer paintings.

I am still debating whether or not to participate in the Salinas Art and Wine Festival on Oct 22. I would love to have more exposure, but I also think I can spend the day painting as well. I am a little torn between the two.

Below are photos of some work that is in progress and some of them are already finished, but I'm keeping them covered just a bit longer.


Sugar skull girl with marigolds. She's actually done and she looks fabulous. :D



Part of a bigger painting. Unfinished.



Close up of another sugar skull girl. She's 99.9% done. I am not too happy with her 'dress' so she need to be fixed.



I actually just started her today and am dying to get back to her. I have to have patience to let her dry though. 



Another unfinished working on at the moment painting. Looking to do something fun and happy from my childhood. Pinatas!!

I truly hope you enjoyed the small sneek peek.

Sometimes I don't know if I want to show the work in progress photos. The art just looks so . . . . blah. Empty. Disjointed. Unpolished. Unfinished.

Duh, Sonia. that's part of the whole work in progress aspect.


But I suppose it's a way of showing my work in a different light. Sure, it may look all funky now, but wait until you see the finished product attitude, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment